Dismiss Notice

Discord Support Channel

Users Online: 1

Join Server

Sieges and FPS???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zippystar, Nov 25, 2013.

1. zippystar

zippystar
      L2Dex Player

Wondering if someone is reaching 30-40 FPS during big pvps with a lot of ppl and open grounds such as Gludio/Dion fields for example. Seems it doesn't rly matter if server is using offi files or it is java. Wondering is it old unreal engine with so many updates and addons on it or is it the bandwith that is raping the FPS. Post your PC specs and avarege FPS during siege pls.
      Im using a lot overclocked 1st gen i5 CPU + 8gigs of ram, hd7950, sata3 ssd and im playing at 1920x1200 resolution. I have 13-22FPS at mass... with very wide terrain/npc range...

2. Allyshia

Allyshia
      L2Dex Player

AMD FX 8120 8-core 3.1 GHz
      Nvidia GF GTX 660 Ti
      16 GB RAM DDR3 1333 Mhz
      SATA II HDD 7200 rpm
      windows 7 64 bit ultimate ed

windowed-mode at 1920x1080

in high-detail zones such as EV after 15-30 min its already framing... not to mention TOI

on mass pvp alt+p compulsory... gludio siege was 12-20 FPS

3. revox

revox Banned

Pro byzantine paint artist
      ive done some "tests" about this problem in the past, the main reason for fps is hdd, try to upgrade to raid 0 hdds or upgrade to ssd and u will see noticeable performance boost
      also another problem might be the cpu ( no, im not an intel fanboy ) intel has better microarhitecture for fast response than amd, this way all cpu intensive games work better on intel. i know 1 dude, and his gear is samsung 840 ssd and i5 2500k + 650 ti boost and l2 works like a charm, never dipping bellow 35-38 fps, my i5 2500 + 550ti and raptors in raid 0 work great as well, yes the rez if 1080p and never dipping under 31 fps
      in conclusion, since l2 does not benefit from 4 core tech and recognize max 2 cores, the main problem is HDD wise, or inthernet connection speed/stability, hope i helped :)
      my 2 cents

4. zippystar

zippystar
      L2Dex Player

I have raid 0 array and an ssd and recently Ive logged from the raid 0 client and I don't ever want to think about playing that game on a hdd :D Anyway it's probably about the cpu & chipset generation, because I my cpu oc'ed with 50% and my memory is even working at over 2.2ghz and I still get fewer fps than 2nd gen i5 cpu at default....

5. SpongeBob

SpongeBob
      L2Dex Player

I was wonder is well, bcs i got brand new pc and i was thinking that on old wrath when was siege time or mass pvp my pc was too old so fps was 10-20... then i decide to buy new one to have some fun from game but at last two sieges my fps was 15-20 on low details oO. and it was not fun at all... freez after freez... dunno what to do to play... some ppl has worst pc than me and they said no lags no freezes all is ok, it depends of place where player is? i mean country? no idea what could help..

6. revox

revox Banned

#6 revox, Nov 28, 2013
      Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
      ram oc has slim to none impact on gaming experience (its all about some select few apps that benefit from this), there is a video about that done by the guy form ncix (gaming pc retailer/reviewer/benchmarker w/e), also my ram is 2x4gb 1333 cl9 :D, from what i see now its all about L3 cache that intel has but amd...
      and intel core 2 duo for example has better performance in lineage than fx 8350 even. in older games or ones that cant use more than 2 cores/threads intel is a beast, but since they introduced frostbite engine 3...amd mighy put a real show against intel :)
      fron intel 1st get to 2nd ( sandy bridge) is an improvement of 30-35% in performance, more than 20% heat and poer consumption anf ofc upgrade to lga 1155 from 1156 (fewer pins-less problems they say^^)

7. zippystar

zippystar
      L2Dex Player

arctic cooling freezer 13 pro. Anyway this vid is from same pc, but with hd5770, 4gb 1600mh ram, no oc and wd caviar black hdd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1thqnznJDHs and few chronicles earlier(probably hellbound) and its running smoother than now :D

8. revox

revox Banned

nice vid :D
      try to disable vsink, in mmos it eats fps like hell, and also disable or lower aa
      anyway im surprized that ac 13 can handle that oc XD

9. bingoo

bingoo Guest

sorry for question ? whats better for l2+ssd = switch cpu or gpu ?

10. RealBadMofo

RealBadMofo
      L2Dex Player

Depends on which 1 of ur parts is older/worse than the other.Im with i3 from e3 2012 model dunno exact numbers cuz im not home, some 7.0~ in windows 8 scoreboard card (radeon 6670 i think was) and with ssd. I have good fps everywhere(except for tiat ofc), but yeah i would say that with good CPU and SSD u wont get low fps.Video could be a lil bit older.

11. RajAlGhoul

RajAlGhoul
      L2Dex Player

i have i7 + ssd and i still get low fps in sieges...