Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

Arion ressurected

Restart Arion from 0 with 10x rates ?

• Good idea!

Votes: 67 67.0%
  • Bad Idea !

Votes: 33 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catalin

What do you think ? Restart Arion with 9x rates, put back tods purchased for arion back on their accounts .
Good or bad idea ? tell us why

Joao Ribas

Bad idea.

bad idea, the sever is already hard for this play.
to reset the 0 and easy all around great game will play will change to a more hard to sever.

the game already had enough players for a fall of more hard sever.

moving to easy.
al is without full players.

snowgoon

nice engrish brah.

yeah good idea, no one is playing there at moment...

cheers

detox500

Banned
yes re-open WRATH x9 server and give back TOD to ppl acc
i Agree with that maybe ppl will Join that new server ( maybe AWERIA and L2Tales fail and join here )

p.s i Disagree with that http://prntscr.com/6hy5sj

Aleardo

+1 good idea,new pple not come here.

so......i think need reboot server.

Apophis

I don't understand why you want to change the rates ? Players left because the DDoS and because they had the chance to move to Averia, not that the rates were to low or anything.

And 3 more questions:

How long will you keep this poll ?
When are you planing to restart it (if you decide to)?
Will you advertise it this time?

FueL

Do you really think that changing rates would make any difference?
Peple left Dex because of DDoS, disconnects, and other problems like that.
Starting a new server only will make you lose more players.

So I say NO!
Like you said in Arion advertisement, long-term servers! Not two weeks server!

Arsenal

huh, why make it x9? its a good idea for a restart, but x9 is kinda high. Anyway its better then nothing, go for it.

fe3r93

I wanted to really play on your server..I hope the reboot will help,but you have to somehow declare I wish u best.!

xioned

u havent the community for do it at this moment, just open OFF pvp server with good advertising and without op donations, l2 low rates is alrdy dead in EU

FueL

This pool will really be open to vote for one month? Don't let the few players that you still have in your community waiting so long to know if all they work ingame will be lost.
If you are really thinking in wipe, do it before the wekeend, or you will lose even more players.

DickTheQuick

This pool will really be open to vote for one month? Don't let the few players that you still have in your community waiting so long to know if all they work ingame will be lost.
If you are really thinking in wipe, do it before the wekeend, or you will lose even more players.
I agree if you want to wipe make it available for us this Friday so we will not have another weekend to look for something else (like sport or yoga :D)

Shi0n

I agree with the opnion of FueL

TheBeast

Well, the server costs money. If you are able to pay for it from TOD, it is up to you if you will let it opened for the players which wants to play here.
L2 on DEX level (or more what DEX was) is business and if i was you, i will close it to save resources. So no reopen, but close.
Reopen will not help, you know it. People are going to play on different servers (tales, averia). Dex is currently loosing and needs to change something, otherweise it will die definitely, because there is more and more big and good servers.
As you can see, even if tales and averia are shits on java for you, it works. Java is actually great. You should take l2j and start to work on it, make it better so it can handle much more players, repair bugs, make it more close to official server.
The difference between Java and C++ isn't what allows PTS to handle 5k+ and Java just around 1k. The problem is l2j architecture. This is why big servers as tales and averia tooks the sources and started to develop it.
I will always return back to Dex when new server will be announced, but if i will see the world is empty, i will leave, cause no time to waste on dead server.

Deucalion

I think at this point restarting the server will only cause people to lose even more trust in Dex Team, at least in my opinion. It's true that something has to be done to increase the server population, but I don't think wipe is the best solution, unfortunately I can't come up with any better suggestion either. Maybe people should be more patient, give some time to the server to grow!? Rome wasn't built in a day!

Although this comes from someone who already quit, I simply did not have the patience and time to do 2nd Class Job Quest, I quit after the 1st part(which was a pain to do since some of the Hunting Areas have been revmap, and the Quest Pointer pointing in the wrong zone or not at all(NOT A SERVER BUG, just NCSoft doing half-ass job as always). And yes I know that transfer can be done by adena, but simply didn't have the amount required. Also maybe since GOD's way of handling Job Quests I become to lazy.

I do plan to comeback at some point, maybe after I blow some steam and convince my CP to come here(to much scripted "PVP?" and P2W on Official).

Best wishes for your future,

Last edited:

Troublezome

When you carry a business or in this case "a l2 server", there are 2 kind of decitions:

short term ones..

long term ones..

in my humble opinion: changing rates is a bad and short term idea.

in my humble opinion: to restart a server can be very good or very bad. Depends on the background strategy you take. There for, if you pretend to do the "RR" and do nothing else... its gonna bring only failure. But, if this is only 1 "call" and it has another tactic of defense behind it, then go for it. So... the "rr" withouth things like "good advertisement" or such... wont work.

Anyways GL.
pd: im new player in this comunity, started on this server 2 days ago. But saw many servers die for bad and short term plans. I live in argentina, so i know what are this "short term plans" ironic tho
hf

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L General Chat 0
A General Chat 8
D General Chat 7
Q General Chat 2
F General Chat 10

Facebook

Discord

Staff online

Members online