Dismiss Notice

Discord Support Channel

Users Online: 1

Join Server

Common Critical Errors and their Solutions

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by DeuX, Nov 18, 2013.

1. DeuX

DeuX

Cause: The client cannot properly load banned messages.

Solution: Delete obscene-e.dat in your C:\Program Files\Lineage II\system folder and run L2.exe again.

Cause: The client is missing one or more vital files that are required to load the game. You have not installed the patch or updater properly, you have accidently deleted files, or you are not using the right Chronicle.

Solutions:
      1. Make sure none of your folders are empty; ie. systextures, staticmeshes, textures, animations.
      2. If found to be empty, reinstall Lineage 2 after completely removing the client via Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.

Cause: Your Lineage 2 client could not properly read your CPU clock speeds. This usually only happens with AMD processors.

Solutions:
      1. Download the AMD Dual Core Optimizer program and install it.

Cause: Your client is missing one or more required files to launch the game. This may also occur if you install the L2 Server patch onto the wrong version of the game (Hellbound, Gracia, C5, etc).

Solutions:
      1. Update/Change your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.
      2. If step 1 does not work, do some searching to find out what driver versions work best for your video card. In my case and many others, the latest drivers have caused issues, and older drivers work much better.

Cause: This usually appears when you are using modded video card drivers, very outdated video card drivers, do not have the .NET Framework installed, or any combination of the three.

Solutions:
      1. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.
      2. Download and install the .NET Framework 2.0

Cause: This is 99% of the time caused by video card drivers being unable to load textures, or it can be very rarely caused by a missing texture.

Solutions:
      1. Update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.
      2. If step 1 does not work, do some searching to find out what driver versions work best for your video card. In my case and many others, the latest drivers have caused issues, and older drivers work much better.

Cause: You have a corrupt texture, potentially from another private server that doesn't know how to create a proper patch or from an action you have done yourself.

Solutions:
      1. download a fresh Lineage2 installer.
      2. If step 1 does not work, reinstall DirectX 9.0c and update your video card drivers to the latest stable ones.

Solutions:
      This is a texture error relating to a crest.
      Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lineage II\systextures" and fint crest.utx and delete it.

This is a 'dynamic' texture file which is build from all crests that are used on a server.
      The file will automatically be regenerated while playing.

Cause: Another program is intercepting your connection with the Auth server when you click 'Login'. This can be from almost anything.

Solutions:
      1. If you have an anti-virus program such as AVG, disable all active protection while logging in and enable it again only once you are ingame.
      2. If you have another Lineage 2 client open of a different chronicle (ex. logged into a Gracia Final Part 2 server while trying to login to Interlude one), close the other client and restart your client. Also close any other games that utilise an anti-cheat program, whether it be Gameguard, nProtect, etc. You should now be able to login.
      3. Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open the file 'hosts' with notepad. Other than all lines starting with the character '#' make use this line is the only one in the file (unless you have made changes yourself and know what you are doing):

2. revox

revox Banned

Pro byzantine paint artist
      +1 ty for this verry informative post, deux, i see that u do ur job with passion and i apreciate this :) . i remember that i had some problems in the past with l2 clients bcz of hosts ^^

3. tarascoa

tarascoa
      L2Dex Player

#3 tarascoa, Jan 9, 2014
      Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
      2014.1.9 18:06:09
      CPU : GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz @ 2396 MHz 4095MB RAM
      Video : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (1090)
      PosCode : LS1(273) 0:0:0 8/0 [1026]

StaticMesh LineageEffectsStaticmeshes.cloud.Bereth_cloud2: Serial size mismatch: Got 186845, Expected 186862

History: LoadObject <- (StaticMesh LineageEffectsStaticmeshes.cloud.Bereth_cloud2 11573024==11573024/21816929 11386179 186862) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel Lobby01) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- MapName=Lobby01 <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Can you help me here please?

EDIT: LOL I writed in the wrong server. My bad.

4. Sir3

Sir3
      L2Dex Player

Guys I have a problem with my crafter account, can't log and the message is "please login again ... you have a different protocol version, please continue."
      I did use DEX login but couldn't see any updates.

Main and buffer accounts work fine but I've been having this problem with my crafter for 3 days now. Thanks.

5. wendigo

wendigo
      L2Dex Player

on same pc where u log ur main u cant log ur crafter?
      are u sure u r not logging 3rd acc ?
      u sure u r not banned?

6. Sir3

Sir3
      L2Dex Player

Same PC, one instance, not banned, I only use that account to craft soul shots and mats.

7. trish

trish
      L2Dex Player

2014.5.22 20:25:24
      CPU : AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor @ 3200 MHz 4095MB RAM
      Video : AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (1247)
      PosCode : LS1(273) 92890:-114688:-3338 6/1 [841540768839351983]

General protection fault!

History: UStruct::SerializeBinGC <- UObject::Serialize <- (ShadowBitmapMaterial Transient.ShadowBitmapMaterial) <- ObjectTestReach <- (ShadowBitmapMaterial Transient.ShadowBitmapMaterial) <- UStruct::SerializeBinGC <- UObject::Serialize <- (ShadowProjector Transient.ShadowProjector) <- AActor::Serialize <- ObjectTestReach <- (ShadowProjector Transient.ShadowProjector) <- ULevelBase::Serialize <- ULevel::Serialize <- UMasterLevel::Serialize <- ObjectTestReach <- (MasterLevel Transient.MasterLevel) <- UStruct::SerializeBinGC <- UObject::Serialize <- (GameEngine Transient.GameEngine) <- UGameEngine::Serialize <- (GameEngine Transient.GameEngine) <- UGameEngine::Serialize <- (GameEngine Transient.GameEngine) <- ObjectTestReach <- (GameEngine Transient.GameEngine) <- TArray<< <- UGameEngine::L2SerializeRootSet <- UGameEngine::L2CollectGarbage <- UMasterLevel::DetachLevel <- UGameEngine::DetachLevel <- UGameEngine::CheckPurgeLevel <- L2Seamless <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

se intampla des in acel loc

8. Jairo

Jairo
      L2Dex Player

2016.12.25 23:54:33
      CPU : AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3315 MHz with 4095MB RAM
      Video : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (9107)
      Failed to load 'Texture L2Font-r.SmallFont-r': Failed to find object 'Texture L2Font-r.SmallFont-r'
      History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Texture L2Font-r.SmallFont-r NULL) <- UCanvas::UCanvas <- UViewport::UViewport <- UWindowsClient::NewViewport <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

9. ShArKy

ShArKy Administrator
      Lineage2Dex Team Administrator

10. Jairo

Jairo
      L2Dex Player

I could not download the file
      Have another way to send the files?

11. ShArKy

ShArKy Administrator
      Lineage2Dex Team Administrator

12. Jairo