What's new

Tool Share - SME (System Message Editor) (update v1.1.0.3)

Ladybug

Well I did this long long ago, around 2006. It is a tool made for editing the SystemMsg.dat file on the Lineage 2 System folder.
Now, the SystemMsg.dat is not used in the classic, as far as I know the SystemMsg_Classic-eu.dat is the one used here, but maybe others are used also. I haven't experimented with them deeply yet. Anyways if it is related to the systemmsg it will be able to open it.

It will display all the dat files but only the systemmsg related ones will open. Any other file will fail to load.

It is very easy to use and straighforward. I was about to do a little tutorial but work got me no time so, if you need any help I'll glady point you in the right direction.
Just one important thing, to prevent corruption you must set the new message, color, sub-message etc and click the "Save Changes" button in the bottom right corner and after all changes are done, go to file -> Save. It will take a little to re-encryt the file and it will create a .old file of the original as a backup protection. Also, never save the file while the game is running or it will result in corruption of the file and sometimes the program itself will freeze.

Here is a little "presentation" I did of it.

Download:
http://obsesseddesigns.com/SME_v1.1.0.3.exe

Virustotal analisys:
VirusTotal

Update History:
1.1.0.2 - Initial release for Lineage 2 Dex (2018/02/27)
1.1.0.3 - Update
added Search Next Button (2018/03/01)​

Hope you guys find this useful, sorry I can't share the source on this one

Last edited:

terodactiv

First of all, I wanna thank you for the tool, It’s very useful. I just personalized my sys msg. Now it looks great.
I want to suggest you when got some time, to do an option to find the next results when search something, or add a ‘find next’ key.

Ladybug

First of all, I wanna thank you for the tool, It’s very useful. I just personalized my sys msg. Now it looks great.
I want to suggest you when got some time, to do an option to find the next results when search something, or add a ‘find next’ key.
Yeah that's on my to-do list, it can find the next but you need to move the selection to the next cell (it's one or two lines of code but I haven't had time to look for it)
I want to add a keybind like f3 to search the next and so. It will be added asap

mastercwb

link is broken :c
please reapair, nice work

PS: on version 1.1.0.2 i can edit and works ok
But..
if u use a launcher the auto patch re write the file, we need make a petition to admin to uncheck CRC this file, or the pacther skip check file.

Last edited:

crazywhite

Link dead

Ladybug

Sorry guys Link fixed I took it down without noticing.
Please let me know if having any problem

mastercwb

link back again for version 1.1.0.3

xns

Hi can someone give ID of messages ( dmg done and take, spoil, heal ) and every u changed ?
i use option find message, wrote all comment from chat and program didnt find anything ; <

xns

Hi all customized system message is working on 2.0 ? i had all the time crashes when i want to put old file with system msg

mastercwb

probally yes, this is another and new version of game
u can remake all to the new file

Ladybug

I'll check the compatibility of the app and make all updates if necesary.

mastercwb

Lady, is strongest recommended hold for updates stability,
i found errors in sockets connection (something close connection on peer), it cause crashes in 2nd window and main window
i found errors in update settings, all the time this files are changed to original, if you change and put to only read the client crash
i fond errors in subfolder like, system box to open 2nd client for use 2 configs, anti cheat says : gameguard are corrupted, its possible only open in original folder

Ladybug

i found errors in sockets connection (something close connection on peer), it cause crashes in 2nd window and main window
i found errors in update settings, all the time this files are changed to original, if you change and put to only read the client crash
i fond errors in subfolder like, system box to open 2nd client for use 2 configs, anti cheat says : gameguard are corrupted, its possible only open in original folder
Yes I found that also, thats why I'm checking and making a new tool that can prevent all this (like the launcher i did but a bit smarter)

Ladybug

Pal, the custom launcher now prevent this files from being overwriten if you launch the updater from the custom one. Tool - Custom Launcher (Updated for 2.0 - Protect your options, window positions and systemmsg files)

xns

Did u have maybe another program who can open and edit file system msg ?
or maybe u have complited colored system msg so plz pm me on forum ;)

Ladybug

Did u have maybe another program who can open and edit file system msg ?
or maybe u have complited colored system msg so plz pm me on forum ;)
This one should be able toedit all .dat files. Just select the dat as when open the file and it will show them

mastercwb

Lady, in some servers the level showed green ( no aggro ) and red agressive, maybe we can generate a NPC dat whit this, well we need talk to GM to get a list of level mobs, because that classic DB is very confuse in all aspects, After updates spoil and drops mod are desappeared too. but i cant found mod file for this version

Ladybug

Lady, in some servers the level showed green ( no aggro ) and red agressive, maybe we can generate a NPC dat whit this, well we need talk to GM to get a list of level mobs, because that classic DB is very confuse in all aspects, After updates spoil and drops mod are desappeared too. but i cant found mod file for this version
I'm not sure that drop & spoil can be moded in client side...
The NPC list would be a ton of work and even more since there is no reliable database to work with
There are some mods like l2 mods by morim wich I think cover most of them. You could look try to find them

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bsod General Disscusions 13
Ladybug General Disscusions 2