What's new

Tool Custom Launcher (Updated for 2.0 - Temp Unlimited Zoom fix)

Ladybug

I recieved various mails from people using the SME tool and having problems to keep it active since the updater/launcher overwrites it. To be fair it is very easy to solve this.
Make a backup of your modified systemmsg_classic-eu.dat file something like systemmsg_classic-eu.dat.bkp and don't use the updater every time to start the game, simply go inside the system folder and start from the l2.exe file. You can create a shortcut to this and launch the updater every now and then to keep your client up to date. After this simple use your backup copy of the systemms file you have and voila!!

now I use 2 system folders to run my main and my box on different folders allowing me to have separate options on them (i dont need my box on full graphics or full screen) so I did this mini tool that helps you create a second system folder named system_box wich by a simple l2.ini modification can run on it's own options. (already asked the GMs they told me It was ok for me to do this moddification)

Also can help you launch on frameless window (some like that option) and when updating it helps you keep your options and systemmsg files protected from being overwritten. It is very basic tool, I made it for me but... why not share it?

NOTE: To protect your configurations please update using the launcher (as shown in the image)

2018/04/21
Added: temporally unlimited zoom in user.ini
Improved file protection to prevent the game from restarting options on update.

2018/04/15
Updated to 1.0.0.1 to work with the new update.
2018/04/17
Updated to 1.0.0.2 to prevent the updater from reseting the options and window positions.

Download: http://obsesseddesigns.com/Dex-CLauncher.exe
Virus Total:
VirusTotal

I added a little video of what it does... sadly I didn't realize i had my mouse off recording. And since I'm very busy I have no time to make it again atm. But hey it's very very simple thing... hope you can understand what is happening

Attachments

Last edited:

terodactiv

I solved the problem with systemmsg by making it read only, so I can use the updater every time.

Ladybug

I solved the problem with systemmsg by making it read only, so I can use the updater every time.
Yes that is also a very easy way to prevent it

mastercwb

Hehehe a good guy to develop client :) take this talent
[automerge]1521073998[/automerge]
[Window Title]
F:\Lineage II 15 dex\Dex-CLauncher.exe

[Content]
pt: O Windows não pode acessar o dispositivo, caminho ou arquivo especificado. Talvez você não tenha as permissões adequadas para acessar o item.
eng: Windows cannot access that device, path or file specified, maybe youre dont have permissions to acces this item
[OK]

any idea bout that?
I use win 10 ver 64bits pro

Last edited:

Ladybug

This issue can occur if any of the following scenarios exist on your PC.
  • You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.
  • The file may be blocked by Windows. (this is the most common one) Right click go to properties and click unblock as shown in the image below.
  • Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

mastercwb

2018/04/21

>> file not found today 04/24

Ladybug

2018/04/21

>> file not found today 04/24

Sadly I had to take it down, I found a bug but don't have time to ix it atm

mastercwb

heheh no problems, :)
peace

SOICYMED

up!
broken link.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L General Disscusions 4