Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

UNBALANCED.

Gino93

I just want to start by saying that i have never seen a server only populated by mages. It's hard to believe that so far i have not seen a single Titan or Grand Khavatari around...same thing applies to daggers etc. The only daggers i see are THs farming Tateossian recipes in Hot Spring.
I love this server but it would be great if you could make it a bit more balanced.
- BUFF SLOTS
You guys keep comparing this server to the official one without thinking the on the offi you don't have a buff book with which mages can just get overbuffed (they only have one self buff which is the seed) while titans, Gks, daggers, duelist and pretty much all the other fighter classes are completely screwed because of the self buffs! A titan that needs a slot for war cry, battle roar, lion heart, frenzy, zealot..please tell me what buffs am i gonna get rid of?? ONCE AGAIN you can't compare it to the official server because you will rarely have a mage full buffed with dances songs etc!
I Myself play with a wind rider and with Focus death, Mortal strike, Blinding blow (i dont know why it takes a slot), ultimate evasion and dodge dont know what buffs i'm gonna have to get rid of! Let alone if i were to add Resist shock, Queen and Arcane protection (you MUST have it considering that cancel is OP).
I would love to have a decent answer..not the one another guy received in another post. "Learn how to play dagger".
It would be Much much more balanced if we could have 24 +4 slots...who cares if mages get elemental resistances...us fighter dont have elements..so it will be a fight against mages (all of them having elements) and that would be fair.
There is not much you can do when you keep getting 3.8k magic crit with a set tate against mages with B grade weapons.
It's silly to deny that there is something wrong and that classes are really unbalanced.
-SOULTAKER
I have created a sub soultaker..level 78 and tested it against a friend of mine adventurer level 79.
His Bluff didn't work once! My anchor, on the other hand, 5 out of 5 times! all the debuffs seem to have such a high % of success!
Bluff is the only thing that can help a dagger against a necro (apart from a lethal) but it just doesn't seem to work.
Same thing applies to my Blinding Blow....it NEVER makes my enemy turn around.
Please listen to our feedbacks...have a look around. There are no fighters. It's a server populated only by Mages.
It's undeniable!
I appreciate what you guys are doing but a bit more balanced would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Kerbedzisko

If u play dagger you can forget about focus hunter might warrior, Gives you extra 4 slots.

Gino93

Even if i play without Song of vitality and bless the body which means my dagger will have no hp and die with 2 slaps, i wont be able to get resist shock, queen, nobless etc. Mages will

Taler

I think the clases need a extra buff slot for fighter class...+2... por balance against mages

Gino93

And just to make it "easier" for fighers..you have added Sigils to an interlude server so that mages will have even more m atk

Verdict

The message is good. But as for me, the most optimal will be 22 + 4 (while reducing the cost of the book by 1 buff slot, as in IL. That is, not for 30kk, but for 1kk, for example, but you need to remove other books from the GM shop). This will allow many people to have 23 slots, but very few people will have 25-26, because such books are very difficult to get.

This will give you the opportunity to add 1-2 resists or self-buffs, which will improve the balance between classes, but it will not greatly weaken the magicians and not so much strengthen the fighters. A similar solution with buff slots was used on the same IL server with the same rates - this brought a good balance to the game, considering the Chronicles.

It is not for nothing that the number of buff slots on high Chronicles has been increased a lot to improve the balance. But you can't copy it, because high Chronicles have bow resists and attribute systems, as well as many other abilities

This project is very interesting and if you listen to the opinion of the players, you can make it even more interesting.
Fair play :) Cheers :)

Gino93

imo 24+4 wouldnt make unbalanced. It would just allow fighters to get B/G of queen, arcane protection, resist shock etc...you still wouldnt be able to get any elemental resistances

Dahaka1

I just want to start by saying that i have never seen a server only populated by mages. It's hard to believe that so far i have not seen a single Titan or Grand Khavatari around...
I am a Titan as a main class, one of the few around here. Ask me how I feel.

I fully support your comments.

So far, I appreciate DEX' staff communication with us, but i do not understand thei total denial of the obvious - completely monotonous gameplay, because of the majority of classes around being mages. Most people either sub or reroll to a mage. It's not even funny.

Something must be done to balance things out.

Black&White

So far, I appreciate DEX' staff communication with us, but i do not understand thei total denial of the obvious - completely monotonous gameplay, because of the majority of classes around being mages. Most people either sub or reroll to a mage. It's not even funny.

Something must be done to balance things out.
I think they just afraid to disappoint all guys who play mages. Maybe they should make some survey to see if people are not against some changes. Because 3-5 ppl on forum can't givea complete info of the situation

Bastion

I think they just afraid to disappoint all guys who play mages. Maybe they should make some survey to see if people are not against some changes. Because 3-5 ppl on forum can't givea complete info of the situation
half of ppl who play a mage got a main warrior that cannot be played .

Gino93

Here i am again raging! I have literally just got a 5k crit from a SPS with Spiritual Eye clean! i have full tate +3. Do something or this server will literally be L2 mages

Gino93

90% of people who play with mages will say that everything’s fine. Only a few will be honest and admit that this is completely messed up. I get 4-5k hits from mages with B grade weapons and im wearing full tate. Let’s not talk about necromancer debuffs!
Looking forward to mages with ++Am acumen..that’s the end for all fighters

Sere

These are the buffs I would take if i were dagger.
Here's the official ruling on the issue, from another topic on, more or less, the same issue. Mage server FTW; probably the most bankable option:laugh:

behemoth7

I absolutely agree with you. I am Sagittarius, I have little better situation than you, but this situation is not funny at all, 90% of population are mages of different sort. Their damage is insane even with relatively weak gear. As someone pointed out it turned out to l2mage on this server. I would like to take destroyer on sub but what is point doing that, having in mind current server situation.

In case of maximum number of buffs I agree with you as well. As archer I have several self buffs as well I cannot use it at all. Price for books are high, in order to farm money efficiently I probably need to switch to mage. This situation is really ridiculous

Neemis

I agree with what the OP wrote.
However I did receive a 7434 hit from a DB archer yesterday in Hot Springs. I was 1 shot. :D

Anyway, I would put the dance/song in a separate buff slot and limit their number to 4-6 dances/songs. That way you would have 20 (24) buffs and 4-6 dance/song.

Black&White

do not add 30 buff slots. with 30 you can buff absolutely everything. P.Def M.Def resistances. It will destroy the choise and the penalty of buf slots!
but books are really too overpriced imo

AreHT007

если можно - сделайте селфбафы в отдельный слоты и будет всем счастье.... Ножам, лукам, Дестроерам ИМХО

Sere

Well, it seems its just a mage server in their favor. We still look for kazam answer and have a decision for everyone to play what class he desires. Not only mages.
Here's your decision "Nothing to discuss.":roflmao:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ktoya123 General Discusion 0