Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

TERA ( Rising )

KiryGNC

If anyone is playing, leave a message.
Tips & tricks about chain skills / grind zones / pvp guilds are welcome.

Kitsune

Tought TERA died, some time ago. Anyway, wouldnt give up GW2 for it.

KiryGNC

After seeing your reply, i rewatched some clips with GW2. TERA its far beyond a fair comparison with GW2.
TERA graphics, skills, even the weird pvp mechanics are way over any other mmorpg seen so far. Almost regret i started to play L2 again around 1 year ago.

L.E: Kilian sever its very active and many people were amazed by this even on forums.

Last edited:

DeuX

You can't judge guild wars 2 based on clips. TERA is a dead game. The huge success of GW2 is due to the one time pay only and the constant updates and events.

Kitsune

Have u ever played GW2 ? :)
I did try TERA untill lvl 30ish and tbh, apart from the graphics and the targeting system offered nothing but oldschool mindless grind. Havent got along with the political system so i dont know much about that. My only regret is i bough the retail version just short time before going free to play and more important, just a day before discovering GW2.
Unless u already have don it, pls do try GW2 in a free trial period and then you'll understand what MMORPG revolution means :p

ps: there might be a big diference in tastes so this discussion will be useless.

Kitsune

So, i decided to change the flavour a bit and play TERA. Installed the game from my 4 CDs, let it patch and surprise Cant determine the curent version stuck. After searching the net for solutions (none worked so far) i discover that in fact this is an almost an year problem that hasnt been truly fixed. So, this is the customer support/care they are offering...makes me wonder.

Sere

I tried Tera as soon as it went Free to play, didn't like it that much.
GW2 didn't "wow" me that much either, compared to L2. But i think that's only because the L2 community was the best i have encountered so far in a mmorpg.

Kitsune

I managed to reinstall and pla TERA. Fuck it, i just cant get back to that combat movement and the limitations on mana/hp pool being bound to using potions.
Sere, you wont find that type of comunity L2 offered, nowhere. You just need to give more time to GW2 to get the real taste f it ;). I remember DeuX writing somewhere in the old forums about getting to lvl 80, boredom struck, nothing to do anymore etc.
The thing about GW2 is that its not a game like all the others. 1-80 is just like a learning the basics phase, the game trully starts after one has reached max level.

Kitsune

No, ty. It's bad...
Ah, and that. I saw a bit of it and tbh i dont find it appealing. It seams like an extension of the SP game to an online version with some adjustments. The SP fans will definetly enjoy it, atleast while its fresh.
Until now, even tho it still has a lot of faults, i find gw2 to be most balanced game if we're talking about the most important two aspect of a mmo, social and content.

KiryGNC

Tought TERA died, some time ago. Anyway, wouldnt give up GW2 for it.
You can't judge guild wars 2 based on clips. TERA is a dead game.
Dead? some arguments? Kilian server is impressively active.
I dont judge games, but you can make an impression watching and comparing gameplay videoclips made by random users. (you can compare the pvp mechanics, skills, graphics, some game features, etc.)
Sometimes you dont need to put your head under a truck, just to verify if you gonna die :)
Something you can see even from some random videos over Youtube, its the huge attention to details into TERA.

I did try TERA untill lvl 30ish and tbh, apart from the graphics and the targeting system offered nothing but oldschool mindless grind.
ps: there might be a big diference in tastes so this discussion will be useless.
Lvl 30 i made in around 2 days, keeping in mind i tried to make all quests and view all possible lvl range zone, so i can learn about this game.
Mindless grind, totaly false. This can happen in L2 offi 95+ lvl maybe.. In TERA, you can make lvl killing regular mobs / making beautiful quests (more players in party, easier to make) / participate in events (like Corsair Siege - something like a castle siege 20v20 pvp) / killing BAMS (bad ass mobs - which really are badass) / insane beautiful instances (dunno exactly how to call them, but i say thematic instances, becoz each one has a different story, different bosses that fits the story)
I play casual, for like 1 week, am 51 lvl, and really seems the easiest game to make lvl so far. Also the economy works pretty fine.

let it patch and surprise Cant determine the curent version stuck. After searching the net for solutions (none worked so far) i discover that in fact this is an almost an year problem that hasnt been truly fixed.
Happened to me also, I deleted all files, and downloaded again, while i was watching House of Cards. Easy fix :p

I tried Tera as soon as it went Free to play, didn't like it that much.
GW2 didn't "wow" me that much either, compared to L2. But i think that's only because the L2 community was the best i have encountered so far in a mmorpg.
L2 community was nice in the early stages when everyone had to learn the game / help each other maybe. Some drama was nice from time to time..But after years, i really got sick of most of L2 players. Majority of them behaving like kids, item whores, oly beggars or feeders, players that dont know their main skills or reuse, zerg formers with C4 chronicle mentality, hypocrisy at its peeks, emotional unstable, drama starters from nothing, vocabulary / insults of some unlucky undercultered gipsy, or unstable relation-ships. How can you not miss L2 community..
In TERA i saw first flame / insult around 47-50 lvl, in a Corsair Siege, while some players were staying afk (with a bot probably, coz we couldnt kick them)

Last edited:

Kitsune

Based on that logic no MMOs will ever die, there will allways be a bunch of nostalgics to keep it alive.
As i was saying, except the FPS like targeting system and perhaps the political sytem (wich i know nothing of) TERA brought nothing new to the table, eventually they went ftp and killed some servers. Im not saying it is a bad game its just theres a lot better outthere. And trust me, u havent seen anythig from pictures, if we're talking about GW2, that if ur opinion is solely based on that. Imagine that they kinda killed the KSing, the zombish farming, botting and a lot of other annoying issues most MMOs faced in the past.
Have a look at this http://techland.time.com/2012/09/11/9-ways-guild-wars-2-is-better-than-any-other-mmo/

TheTrickster

Based on that logic no MMOs will ever die, there will allways be a bunch of nostalgics to keep it alive.
As i was saying, except the FPS like targeting system and perhaps the political sytem (wich i know nothing of) TERA brought nothing new to the table, eventually they went ftp and killed some servers. Im not saying it is a bad game its just theres a lot better outthere. And trust me, u havent seen anythig from pictures, if we're talking about GW2, that if ur opinion is solely based on that. Imagine that they kinda killed the KSing, the zombish farming, botting and a lot of other annoying issues most MMOs faced in the past.
Have a look at this http://techland.time.com/2012/09/11/9-ways-guild-wars-2-is-better-than-any-other-mmo/
Dunno what GW did about KS-ing, but Tera has a system that disallows KS-ing as well. If you hit a mob first, it's yours no matter how many people do dmg to it, who deals the most dmg or who deals the last hit.

Kitsune

Well, in GW2 if a player engages a monster then anotherone comes, lets say when its about 50% hp they will both get the XP, loot, q item etc. Looting system is different and has nothing to do with the other players, being in the party or not. If two players kill the same monster, one might get a scrap and the other might get a rare or an exotic item, or the other way around. Gathering nodes, if someone extracts a node it will be depleted just for that person and so on.
Player level scales to the area level, meaning u cant go lvl 80 full geared and wipe an area thus greefing other lowbies leavning nothing to hunt, in a period of time. When entering an area lower level than u everything scales down acordingly so u can just reach lvl 80 trough, lets say crafting (yes, it is possible but not that fun nor cheap) and then go and experience all map at any given time w/o spoiling the fun of being OPed.

Shade

Dunno what GW did about KS-ing, but Tera has a system that disallows KS-ing as well. If you hit a mob first, it's yours no matter how many people do dmg to it, who deals the most dmg or who deals the last hit.
KS doesn't exist in GW2. If you do 1 damage to a mob, you get the same xp and drop (chance) as the guy who did the rest of the damage. Encourages people to help eachother instead of being every man for himself.

Astarteea

And that's an awful system....

KS doesn't exist in GW2. If you do 1 damage to a mob, you get the same xp and drop (chance) as the guy who did the rest of the damage. Encourages people to help eachother instead of being every man for himself.
It's actually some % of the mob's hp, but that usually means 1-2 hits.

GodLord

I played Tera long time ago :) thinking about playing it again :) so if some1 want to play or playing :) just give me info we could play together )

Kitsune

Playing casualy on Mystel. Gameforge. Anyone in there?

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom