Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

Chronicle Updates?

Boatmurder

Are the current servers fixed to the chronicles they started on?

If so, is there any chance you might make a progressing server, upgrading to the next chronicle every few months? Is it too much work?
I think it could be great fun to have server cycles, maybe a little time-lapsed (faster) compared to retail chronicle changes, since we're playing on higher rates - and with a closing/resetting date planned in advance :)

While i was (very!) disappointed to have old Dex closed and lose all my time and money investment (switched main, 3 premium accs...), i have since played some retail and was completely disappointed in the whole instance shit GoD added - so there wouldn't have been much point in upgrading Dex beyond Gracia, anyway.

Progressing from Interlude to Freya on old Dex was a lot of fun, and i recall having some of the best PvP in this time too - From Ketra and IT, over IoP and Hellbound to Gracia farming times.
I believe switching updates is a great incentive for players to keep farming and claiming/pvping for the best spots to farm up their new gear.
Without updates, people are just done farming at some point, and will only log in for sieges... or just stop logging in, after some time.

Sorry for posting this in a particular server forum, but i couldn't see an overlapping forum for Dex as a whole - and posting in one of the legacy, low rate server forums seemed to be the best choice for what i desire with this request.

Best regards.

Last edited:

Catalin

Are the current servers fixed to the chronicles they started on?

If so, is there any chance you might make a progressing server, upgrading to the next chronicle every few months? Is it too much work?
I think it could be great fun to have server cycles, maybe a little time-lapsed (faster) compared to retail chronicle changes, since we're playing on higher rates - and with a closing/resetting date planned in advance :)

While i was (very!) disappointed to have old Dex closed and lose all my time and money investment (switched main, 3 premium accs...), i have since played some retail and was completely disappointed in the whole instance shit GoD added - so there wouldn't have been much point in upgrading Dex beyond Gracia, anyway.

Progressing from Interlude to Freya on old Dex was a lot of fun, and i recall having some of the best PvP in this time too - From Ketra and IT, over IoP and Hellbound to Gracia farming times.
I believe switching updates is a great incentive for players to keep farming and claiming/pvping for the best spots to farm up their new gear.
Without updates, people are just done farming at some point, and will only log in for sieges... or just stop logging in, after some time.

Sorry for posting this in a particular server forum, but i couldn't see an overlapping forum for Dex as a whole - and posting in one of the legacy, low rate server forums seemed to be the best choice for what i desire with this request.

Best regards.
was possible in past since was something new . now ppl want "fresh start"

Boatmurder

People always want a fresh start since the first MMORPG came out.

Then they don't play as much as others on the "new start" server and cry for new start again after 2 months :|

Boatmurder

scfz, no reason to be all offensive and bring no suggestion.

Maybe i should explain a little more. When my friends started playing on Dex, it was an old server.
People had epics, they had chs, castles, enchanted equipment. There were 2 alliances that had been there forever with little change. You could say the server was dead, and my friends just started with nothing.

... well. Those guys opened Crank, had a blast pvping against the odds. First against a guy called FlamingHero, then against the crumbling remains of Payback.
They played the diplomacy game, and conquered Oren castle while Creed and ET fought for their big castles. With not even 2 full parties, and a ton of shit equipment.

Through the power shifts brought with the new chronicles and new equipment to farm, the active players were able catch up with the stagnant, lazy and old +XX S grade equipped server population.

Met new people, had a blast playing with first a group of greeks, then a group of spanish guys, finally with romanians and brasilians.
Created the wanted Alliance in an attempt to be a 3rd side, eventually merged into Creed and were a real part of the big boy pvp.

Servers don't die. They're only as dead as you, as player, make them. That's probably why they offer a bit of an incentive for clanleaders.

Last edited:

Catalin

our gms from brasil proposed this :

What everybody think about this idea: start a unique poject with cronicles upgrade, like :

-> start with C4 pvp 50x
after 45 days -> upgrade to Interlude pvp 50x
after 45 days -> upgrade to gracia final pvp 50x
after 45 days -> upgrade to Hi5 pvp 50x
after 45 days -> upgrade to God 5x

all cronicles with book of buff only and with time elapsed of 10 days each (made by donate or farm )

What do you think about this ? i can make more detailed infos. All players know about updates with fixed dates , would be very nice to all.

DeuX

Would be better with lower rates instead of a 50x PvP server. A pure untouched Lineage II experience (except with rate change) with monthly updates. That way people could enjoy olympiad changes each month, chronicle changes, etc. My opinion anyway :D

Boatmurder

Sounds like great fun to keep a high rate server busy for the better part of a year.
How would the 45day-intervals line up with siege weekends? Having a week of arms-racing to the first sieges of the new chronicles might be cool.

Not sure about the inclusion of GoD. Do people like playing that a lot? It's so different and much easier compared to the original Lineage 2 concepts.

scfz

Banned
there are already 3 new projects incoming, and talking about another one? what about every servers you opened this last year.., this is clearly a joke
also,i believe people loves new starts and such. if you want an advice, just make one or two unique projects and keep up the fun between players.

Catalin

there are already 3 new projects incoming, and talking about another one? what about every servers you opened this last year.., this is clearly a joke
also,i believe people loves new starts and such. if you want an advice, just make one or two unique projects and keep up the fun between players.
this topic is about god server / last was open 2 years ago

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom