Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

MAGES TOO OP WITH SIREN, WILD MAGIC, HOTSPRING, CHANT MAGUS

xcipderx

would like to call a FIX PATCH.
to delete siren, magus chant, hotspring, all mages in the server seems to have 40% critical chance even with tatteosian +3 u cant handle critical hits from 7k with casting 1700 from mages. it just make useless the other characters ig like gladiator, daggers, tyrans, sumoners, or archers not full. also siren, chant of magus and hotspring are stuff hard to get cause they are so op like getting a char 79 or wasting 30 mins in hotspring for a buff.

all the server is mage at pvps. Cause dark crystal ez to get, buying homu+acu = 3 hits 600 + 2 hits 4.6k critical, and the worst stuff is: the stuff like elemetal protection aqua resist are in TOLs shop, where the stuff like magus chat siren meditation or renewal should be

colector

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I doubt the staff will go so far as to change the existing systems in place.

Power balance always favor mages in the first 1-2 months (depending on rates) and then it evens out or archers get the edge once the gear gets good enough.
But yeah, I can see where you are coming from.

As far as the buffs go we get the option to either spend some ToLs or spend the time and effort to level a box buffer (because lets face it, there is almost nobody that would actively play a PP/WC or other buffer class these days).
Its not perfect by a long shot, but it allows people who play casually to get all the buffs they need for 90% of the time. The HS buffs for ToLs can go imo (it takes 5 mins max to get what you need in HS if you know what mobs to pick).

But maybe I'm wrong. Time will show.

PS: Magnus is actually more of a defensive buff. Other than 10% more matk it doesn't provide any other attack capabilities (no m.crit rate or damage unlike its counterparts). You get more m.atk/m. def/mp/speed/debuff resist and trade off m.crit/hp/pdef for it

Osty

It`s true. Mages on this server are very overpowered. I have 1400 Mdef (full tateo +2/3) and still can be hit by all mages with homunkulus for 5k crit and with AM for about 6-8k crit. There is no point to play any other class but mage. Only other option is archer but only with epics. Without epics your dmg is to low compare to mage.
PVP on this server is too fast, even 1v1 in 2 seconds u are dead if u play any DD class against mage. (well some orc with 20k HP can stay a bit longer ;p)
If talking about epic, there is another problem. Some archers from Black Rock (probably with epics rings and draco bow +4/5) can hit crit for 6-7k. This is really strange because another archer with draco +4/5 but wihout epic hit for only 2-3k crit. Epics should increase crit dmg for about 30-40%, not 100%.

Kazama

Community Helper
About buffs. We cant make this changes after 1 month live server. We have beta 2 weeks before start. And not so bad like u say, I am sure any DD class with good gear kill mages easy.

About epic, all work like must we never change it.

Osty

Actually it is that bad. For archer with full buff it is very hard to win with mage. Only way to do that is use stun shot but with all resist to stun its maybe about 20-30% chance to succes on that skill. If not success then archer is dead in about 2 seconds. Im talking about players with good gear (not epics but S grade weapons and S accessories).
I think main problem is lack of resist magic skills. Elemental protection should be normal 1h duration skill in NPC buffer.

DD in good gear can kill mage only if mage is blind or afk in time of attack ;p

Mor

Nukers ARE OP on this server
1. Cancel with a landrate like this on the server with NPC buff makes mages OP even without ANYTHING else.
2. M.critical rate is over the roof. A player with Valakas will feel like he has bugged character. There is also OP augumentation for Passive Wild Magic. If some people are complaining now, wait for players getting Wild Magic + PoW + Siren + Valakas + Passive Wild Magic. Archers Crit Rate is caped at 50%. Mag. Crit. rate doesnt :)
3. People DONT HAVE slots for Elemental Protection (or other fancy shit) even with 4 additional slots. Some classes (like Destoyers) have even less room. Nukers from all classes need the least slots. Please dont make even more classes (apart from Tanks, SUmmoners, BD, SWS, Prophet, SE, WC, Duelist, Tyrant) USELESS.

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom