Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

my thoughts about some of the balance changes

Ryu

Hello, i want to share some of my thoughts with the dev team of the upcoming interlude server, i will focus mainly on daggers classes because are the classes i play mostly and because there was always a big problem between ranged and melee classes in interlude. The main problem is ranged classes can kite melee classes forever, that because l2 is a point and click gameplay, there aren't things like skillshots or projectiles physic that you can manually dodge. With the changes here archers are getting the range rework, new skills with 8k p.atk and counters, mages are getting arcane shield (i'm a bit worried about necros getting it too, transfer pain+arcane shield looks insane) crushers and surrenders that removes the elemental resistances, pretty good improvements from newer chronicles, instead daggers are not getting the iconic skills like shadow step and hide to fight these new changes. I think at least a gap closer (aka shadow step) is mandatory, for example without it i don't think i will be able to run to a mage with vortex+crusher and arcane shield without die. Another thing to notice is the evasion stat, the formula was reworked in gracia, in interlude you can't rely on it, plus with ultimate evasion you can't evade physical skills so it's pretty hard vs archers too with the new 8k p.atk skills.

In l2 classic daggers got both hide and shadow step and still archers and mages are the best classes for pvp, it just give daggers more tools to play better.

This is the main problem i see at the moment, now i will continue with some other changes:

-Sixth Sense "When stamina is at its limit, sensation reaches its peak to increase evasion by 15 and chance to receive crit. damage when HP is below 30%." what i understand from this description is when you are under 30% hp you will get +15 evasion but the chance you can receive a critical hit from an enemy is higher, if i'm correct honestly i don't understand why this malus should be here, especially since light armor mastery suck in interlude, you don't have the 35% reduced chance to receive a critical hit. I would like to see this malus removed.

-Last thing is about the armor enchant bonus, when you enchant all your armor to +8 there are some nice buffs, the main offensive effects are: heavy armor stun chance +15%, robe armor mental debuff chance +15%, light armor critical chance +30. Now, the heavy and robe armor offensive effects are very good, the light armor stat can be ok-ish for archers maybe but is useless for daggers, tyrant got an option to wear an IC set since there is the force master option but daggers got nothing, my suggestion is to change the effect for daggers classes, when they wear a draconic leather set dagger master and it's enchanted to +8 the new effect can be something like 15% chance to cancel target when dmg is received or +10% critical dmg, this effect need to be extended to A grade light armors too when are wear by a dagger class.

I hope this post will be read and take in consideration by the dev team, ty for your time Kazama Kazama

Ryu

First of all - about game mechanics, try beta and try it, without test hard to tell about skills etc
For all other, discus open
Indeed, i will try it and test many things as possible.
About Sixth Sense, can you ask please if it work like i said? I don't think i have the tools to test it properly, ty.

Ryu

on the beta there are both shadow step and hide, in sixth sense description the part with "chance to receive crit. damage" is not present. so i guess all the problems above don't exist.

Facebook

Discord

Staff online

Members online

Top Bottom