Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

Suggestion How to solve the massive drop problem on server :)

scavitza

It's a fact that we don't like that many "awkward" people, drop items on the ground increasing the lag exponentially !
I would not call them people, but from the lack of a better world, let's call them just "characters" ;)
I want to propose an ETHICAL in game solution for this ... since one of the fun parts of the Lineage is that respects the reality logic and the existence of objects/items.
Therefore here's the solution:
Set the disappearance of the items around 4 hours, 1 lineage day. Newbies chars have a nice start, if they can pick up ^^.
Increase the actual selling back price of all the items around 90% of the general l2 selling price (the cheapest shop selling prices which are at the general shops before sieges and castle owner taxes are applied !).
The cheapest prices ever in game are the Giran prices before sieges ! Compared to them, set the general selling price at least over 70%. I would recommend 90% !!!
This way, most of the people would prefer to sell them, instead of drooping them ;)

P.S. From Scavitza with love ^^. Long live DEX !!!

kze

Maybe disable the possibility of dropping items from inventory?

scavitza

Maybe disable the possibility of dropping items from inventory?
Not a solution from the Lineage ETHIC point of view + interfere with the Karma Drama :p
same for adena settings which same thing, do you know the graffiti drawings, man that was epic Lineage ;)

scavitza

What we must do, its auto disappearing items from ground with time. Here I totally agree with you
Yes the basic idea is that you go closer with the selling price of the junks to general store, to the cheapest price that they can be bought and this was the "Giran prices" before sieges (this to be avoid the situation when shop selling is higher that shop buy & infinite adena rendundace), practically players will prefer to sell the junks from drop/spoil that trow them out in the field !
And here, i talked about the selling price percentage of the items copared with lineage game prices to be around 70-90%, for this idea to work out :)
Make sense right ? Everyone is happy.
I will estimate that the items droped on the gound will decrese by 80-90% which is ... yeah right ... amazing ! As Lineage should be ;)

scavitza

And as the drop on groud probability now it's decreasing by 80-90% you can let the vanishing time to even 4 hours , an entire lineage day, enough time for them to get rusty and decayed hahahah :p
Just realistic game ;)

scavitza

tested now the sell buy price in Giran Harbor, where now, after the sieges , is the cheapest general shop ever. Here is the results:
Bought an item with 19800a, and sell it with 4500a, so we have : 4500a/18900a = 22.7%
Another at pet manager with 240a and sell with 50a, so we have 50a/240a = 20.8%.
I assume that the selling price of general junk is around 20-25% now on server.
What i talked about above is to set it at around min 70% and maximum 90% to carefully not overrun other custom gm selling prices on market. This way, you will permanently solve the drop problem on the fiend by about 80-90%.
Then will not be necessarily even any settings on items disappearance from the ground, but i will suggest it to be 4 hours a.k.a. a lineage day ;)
P.S. This should be the next update homework :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N General Discusion 8