Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

Beta period proposal

Iluvatar

I salute the official announcement of the beta period and with it, I would like to make a suggestion.

At some point you said that a new anti-bot system is being implemented, one that would deal with the L2net problem.
For the duration of this beta session, I believe people should be encouraged to test this new system without the threat of a permanent ban. The system should be running but bans should periodically be reset. I am hoping that there are people willing to try and break your protection and also report upon their success or failure.

Such a measure would help reiterate Dex's commitment to a bot free environment as well as project a sense of security, reliability and transparency towards the community.

wendigo

not much of a test if u cant check whether antibot catch ppl trying to test various bots ^^

wendigo

well thats bit weird way to test .. what if some1 did use bot and ur bot wont catch it .. ppl cant tell u, casue they dont know if u caught it and u dont even know they used it ..

TheTrickster

I salute the official announcement of the beta period and with it, I would like to make a suggestion.

At some point you said that a new anti-bot system is being implemented, one that would deal with the L2net problem.
For the duration of this beta session, I believe people should be encouraged to test this new system without the threat of a permanent ban. The system should be running but bans should periodically be reset. I am hoping that there are people willing to try and break your protection and also report upon their success or failure.

Such a measure would help reiterate Dex's commitment to a bot free environment as well as project a sense of security, reliability and transparency towards the community.
You really think people would actually report if they manage to break dex's antibot?

Gusiux

You really think people would actually report if they manage to break dex's antibot?
Yes thats a very big concern because more likely majority of people would be looking for loop holes than actually trying to improve the security but also at this point there is no sense for the minority of honest people to even try anything since they have no clue witch of there tests passed or witch ones failed.
But there is no middle ground with this probably and in my opinion they picked the lesser evil this time.
The only safe option that i could think of is to test things with someone who has antibot data present at a test all other attempts are useless.

Last edited:

Iluvatar

If breaking it proves to be fairly easy, then yes, I believe people will report that. I'm not putting my faith in their fairness, but in their desire to get ahead of their competition and keep a too accessible weapon, off of everyone's hands.

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom