Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

About Mage/Warrior Bane.

Soulkey

Even for me who have not played nekromanser, it becomes clear that this is not normal. Not to remove buff in a position of invulnerability ?

ShArKy

Even for me who have not played nekromanser, it becomes clear that this is not normal. Not to remove buff in a position of invulnerability ?
if u have celestial and some1 use cancel on u, should remove 0 buffs? :)

S

Sensii

if u have celestial and some1 use cancel on u, should remove 0 buffs? :)
That's my point, cancel works through celestial, same as banes. Therefore it can't be resisted with Mental Shield buff, like stated by the Staff. Therefore my question, how come I never failed a bane on Wrath but I do fail a lot here? I guess then it's about cancel resist..? Which then should be different between Wrath and Arion..?

Iluvatar

That's my point, cancel works through celestial, same as banes. Therefore it can't be resisted with Mental Shield buff, like stated by the Staff. Therefore my question, how come I never failed a bane on Wrath but I do fail a lot here? I guess then it's about cancel resist..? Which then should be different between Wrath and Arion..?
That looks like a logical fallacy, akin to post hoc. Based on the correlation of a single observable effect, you're inferring the existence of a similar mechanism behind how banes and cancel work. Block wind walk, for example, shares the observable effect, it cancels wind walk. Are you willing to bet that it also isn't affected by Mental Shield?

The best approach to this problem remains the test that I proposed.

S

Sensii

Block Wind Walk has 2 ways. It cancels ww, then debuff lands or not. Proven vs tanks when you remove weapons before you cast it in order to remove ww without risking to get it reflected cause it won't land without weapon anyway. So this is a different thing about the debuff landing and the ww removing :) You can remove ww without landing debuff.

Iluvatar

Yes, I know that. The point is that, although different skills can have similar observable effects, they do not necessarily have the same working mechanism behind the scenes. Cancellation, Infinity Spear, PvP ability of daggers and fists, banes, block wind walk, steal divinity might very well have different formulas on which they base their success rate.

So let's return to what you said - which is as follows: because the cancelling effect of certain skills works through invulnerability conditions, and because one of them seems to, empirically at least, not be influenced by Mental Shield, then all of them are not influenced by Mental Shield. Which is not necessarily true, you're establishing false causality. And not only it might not be true, it is likely to not be true - since things have been tweaked throughout the chronicles (the Infinity Spear and the Steal Divinity being the best examples).

And I'm feeling that we're pushing away from the issue. The statistical test that I've proposed is a far better method of falsifying Admin's claims.

PandaloriaN

in a day i had a sightseeing at dv leech place but apparently i stucked in invisible walls and walk through a mountain then i feel like Jesus!

TheTrickster

Yes, I know that. The point is that, although different skills can have similar observable effects, they do not necessarily have the same working mechanism behind the scenes. Cancellation, Infinity Spear, PvP ability of daggers and fists, banes, block wind walk, steal divinity might very well have different formulas on which they base their success rate.

So let's return to what you said - which is as follows: because the cancelling effect of certain skills works through invulnerability conditions, and because one of them seems to, empirically at least, not be influenced by Mental Shield, then all of them are not influenced by Mental Shield. Which is not necessarily true, you're establishing false causality. And not only it might not be true, it is likely to not be true - since things have been tweaked throughout the chronicles (the Infinity Spear and the Steal Divinity being the best examples).

And I'm feeling that we're pushing away from the issue. The statistical test that I've proposed is a far better method of falsifying Admin's claims.
It seems reasonable enough.

Sensi you're asking for action from the admin, but you bring very little proof. Besides, from what I remember from Wrath, it happened to not get buffs removed by banes.

Regarding the necessity of a couple of attacks to flag, this could be caused by some sort of lag on the server (just spitballing here, but it seems the most plausible explanation, as it would make no sense for this to happen because of modded? files)

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom