Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

PC Crash during gameplay

Neemis

Here I am slaying creatures in Hot Springs for 3rd class class change when all of a sudden the image froze, a buzzing sound went on and nothing else on my laptop worked. No alt+tab, no ctrl+alt+del, nothing. I just had to shut it down from the power button.

I lowered everything in Lineage that could be lowered to "Low" and still got the crash.

I have made an update of nvidia because I got a notification that a new one was available - GEForce 337.88 driver (but I don't think it will help with my crash problem).

I read on the net that the temperature could be high or something like that. I'm not that good with software/hardware language and functions.

I was wondering that maybe you guys experienced this and could share a piece of advice or two.

P.S.: I really hope I don't have to buy a new laptop/desktop. No money. :)

DeuX

That sounds as a hardware problem indeed. Install some temperature measurement app and monitor the temperature of the GPU and CPU. I doubt you will need to buy a new laptop but you will probably need to clean the fans and put new thermal paste between CPU and cooler.

Neemis

Thanks for the answer. I will search for some temp apps. About the cleaning... I'm not unscrewing anything to screw my laptop :)) . Let's hope it'll survive with the 2nd, outside cooler it sits on.

Should I buy some other cooler with a bigger fan?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Technical Issues 5
M Technical Issues 0

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom