Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

Arion ressurected

Restart Arion from 0 with 10x rates ?

• Good idea!

Votes: 67 67.0%
  • Bad Idea !

Votes: 33 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FueL

When you carry a business or in this case "a l2 server", there are 2 kind of decitions:

a bad and short term idea.

in my humble opinion: to restart a server can be very good or very bad. Depends on the background strategy you take. There for, if you pretend to do the "RR" and do nothing else... its gonna bring only failure. But, if this is only 1 "call" and it has another tactic of defense behind it, then go for it. So... the "rr" withouth things like "good advertisement" or such... wont work.

Anyways GL.
pd: im new player in this comunity, started on this server 2 days ago. But saw many servers die for bad and short term plans. I live in argentina, so i know what are this "short term plans" hahaha
hf
I agree. Last time, on wrath and arion, lots of ppl left because of DDoS, hacks, ppl summoning baium in giran, etc... Server was dead for few weeks, but later on, after other servers failure, ppl came back to dex.
They just did it because of Dex credibility. You can't compare L2j servers with l2off. L2j won't last too much time.
But if you wipe you will lost huge credibility, and probably will fail again.
Just give some more time, and make more advertisement, so you will get new players to keep server running.

detox500

Banned
I agree. Last time, on wrath and arion, lots of ppl left because of DDoS, hacks, ppl summoning baium in giran, etc... Server was dead for few weeks, but later on, after other servers failure, ppl came back to dex.
They just did it because of Dex credibility. You can't compare L2j servers with l2off. L2j won't last too much time.
But if you wipe you will lost huge credibility, and probably will fail again.
Just give some more time, and make more advertisement, so you will get new players to keep server running.
in DEX EMPIRE x5 after Baium spam in Giran you must remember what ppl come back and after that some HDD had Crush and was Rollback many Days back .
so x2 :confused: ??

Arsenal

seems to me that people want restart but they dont like the x9 instead of the x5 thing. Wtf... more time? Are u high? there are 20 people on that server, even if the population multiplies by 10 it will still be empty. Advertise starting tomorow about the restart and open it on friday evening. Give the donators their precious ToD's back. Hopefully no ddos attack this time. The more you wait for wipe the worse it gets.

Last edited:

Catalin

.... Java is actually great. You should take l2j and start to work on it, make it better so it can handle much more players, repair bugs, make it more close to official server.
The difference between Java and C++ isn't what allows PTS to handle 5k+ and Java just around 1k. The problem is l2j architecture.

So we should start working on java when we are the only european server using retail ncsoft files flawless without bugs:) no thank you

Arion was the first server made w/o ru community. Any eu srv w/o ru community = dead in max 1month due nomads.

Catalin

in DEX EMPIRE x5 after Baium spam in Giran you must remember what ppl come back and after that some HDD had Crush and was Rollback many Days back .
so x2 :confused: ??
We never had a server named Empire

FueL

So we should start working on java when we are the only european server using retail ncsoft files flawless without bugs:) no thank you

Arion was the first server made w/o ru community. Any eu srv w/o ru community = dead in max 1month due nomads.
I agree!! L2J isn't the solution. L2OFF is the only think that keep me playing here!! Can't compare it!

Arsenal

Try to wipe it, u have literally nothing to loose. Advertise, make every1 confident that there wont be so much ddos and there you have it.

wymek

X5 interlude/hellbound or gracial final. You will rage me for this interlude becouse how many time i can start as a op destro? The answear is 100/500/1000 :D i love this op char on this chronicle:)Sry but i hate h5 servers... this vitality system makes me angry. I got 40lvl with adena for second class quest in 2:30h, it is to easy.... If you put x9 rates in first 24h you will see first subclasses:)

detox500

Banned
We never had a server named Empire
maybe i dont remember the name

but everyone see about hack GM Acc / Baium in giran / your announcement '' dont wory we have remove GM privilage 'the cant do anything' bla bla bla

and after that your server HDD crashed and make Rollback days back

Catalin

maybe i dont remember the name

but everyone see about hack GM Acc / Baium in giran / your announcement '' dont wory we have remove GM privilage 'the cant do anything' bla bla bla

and after that your server HDD crashed and make Rollback days back
After that arion was open with liru. 8k online and lasted 1 year with 0 downtime. Yet ppl remember only the bad projects :)

mtb

gm, pls tell us what u do..to know if we farm or no :)

mtb

maybe u know me...i play dex since c4..i`m loyal to this network xD...just give us an answer asap ..ty :p

mtb

if u make it x 9 , do it and dont open wrath...and make arion a f.king long term...keep it after classic too..and dont close it:p..maybe we dont like classic..

emmerich182

Do you really think that changing rates would make any difference?
Peple left Dex because of DDoS, disconnects, and other problems like that.
Starting a new server only will make you lose more players.

So I say NO!
Like you said in Arion advertisement, long-term servers! Not two weeks server!

I agree with you

Arsenal

So I say NO!
loose players.... woot players? are u blind ? there arent any players... prime time for a 1 week old server is 47pop? are you for real, i keep hearing "we dont want wipe, cause we like it here" we? who is we? the server is empty! There are 30 players tops, who actually play, the others loggin to check out the situation. If u think they will keep a server up for 30 people u are mistaking, if they dont wipe and at least try to give it this chance, they will close it in 2 months. Basically its a choice bettwen keeping server up for 2 months with a handfull of players and then close it, or try to give it CPR and hope it will improve, making it last longer. So choose whatever you think its best.

TheBeast

So I say NO!
Man but you need to understand that the server must prosper and that will probably not happen with 700 ppl with all these costs for DDOS protections, net connection, hosting etc.. It is business, it can make big money if done properly.
Noone will let the big store open with just few clients.

Troublezome

Well, reduce please that 1 month duration for the "call".

We don't enjoy wasting time.

U still have the plus of being l2 off. :)

mtb

staff , we farm..for what if u make this pool?:p move chars than xD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L General Chat 0
A General Chat 8
D General Chat 7
Q General Chat 2
F General Chat 10

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.