Begin a New Adventures, with oldest Lineage 2 Community!
What's next? You can create game account. Have fun in the forums!
  • https://forum.lineage2dex.com/threads/16500/

Buff Slots Limitation Issues

HellBlade

The original Interlude buff slots limitation(20+4 including Songs and dances),
in this Custom Interlude version is not only an incorrect decision but also a detrimental one to the overall game balance for the following reason:

Even on the original version the buff slots limitation causes alot of issues to balancing of classes,
as it is well known Mage/Healer Classes uses in general way less buffs than fighter classes(daggers as an exception) who also on average have more self buffs that takes slots.

Example for a mage class offensive buffs: Berserk Spirit(optional), Acumen, Empower, Wild Magic, Prophecy,
Dance of Concentration, Dance of Mystic, Dance of Siren, Song of Renewal and Gift of Seraphim.
Example for fighter class offensive buffs: Berserk Spirit(optional), Haste, Might, Focus, Death Whisper, Guidance, Prophecy,
Dance of Fire, Dance of Fury, Dance of Warrior, Dance of Inspiration, Song of Hunter, Song of Renewal, Song of Champion and Gift/Blessing of Queen.

9-10 buffs for mages
15-16 for fighters who relies on autoattacks Archers/Titans/Tanks
[9-10 for fighters that are not reliant on autoattack have no need for Accuracy or Critical buffs(Duelist/Grand Khavatari)]
(not including utility fighter buffs like Vampire rage/dance of vampire)

As for essential buffs that every class uses:
Windwalk, Shield, Magic Barrier, Bless the Body, Greater Shield(or Greater might), Mental Shield, Resist Shock, Elemental protection,
Song of wind, Song of Earth, Song of Warding, Song of Vitality
(not including reflect buffs (chant of revenge/song of vengeance)

About 12 buffs even leaving some buffs out and not counting Self buffs.

Adding up the numbers you can see the issue here, which gets worse in servers that have mana pots, that without them would force mages to get buffs like Bless the soul, Clarity and Song of Meditation.

No wonder the following version after interlude basically added 12 buff slots by separating Songs/Dancesfrom main buff slots.

And this Mid-rates Dex Interlude custom version has even more extra self buffs, if it wasn't for the smart choice of making debuffs/trigger buffs not count towards the buff slot counter it would be even worse.

With this thread, i would like to recommend the server staff to increase the buff slots by 12 or to make the separation of song/dances to their specific 12 slots, for the reasons stated above.

Memory

I like the time you took to write the whole post but I do believe this would be a bad idea. The resists are working with max 50% elemental resists on DEX, which means more buff slots = all mages fully nerfed. If you add buff slots, then you need to revamp a big part of all the buffs/resists of the game, or put max 30% resists instead of 50% for example.

HellBlade

I like the time you took to write the whole post but I do believe this would be a bad idea. The resists are working with max 50% elemental resists on DEX, which means more buff slots = all mages fully nerfed. If you add buff slots, then you need to revamp a big part of all the buffs/resists of the game, or put max 30% resists instead of 50% for example.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think about the current state of balancing of mages in comparison to the other classes(other than counter classes like dagger).

JokeJR

Second thing is that part of selfbuff dont take a '' slot '' if i good rememeber and also nobl too , i think more smarter guys shouldn't have problem to handle 20+4 on most of chars. So Most of chars are still not playable on mass pvp so probably u talk more about PVE than core pvp gameplay. In case Owners got enough problems and work to finally add Classic client what gonna give us more possibilites and also FPS on pvp.
I think there's no need to even think about Improvement buffs , better is stay to old one and have Interlude in heart and try to enough balance Classes Oly,
and perhaps create a diversified parties in future which will include not only bp , dd , ol and seems creators dex have plans to do it but hope it will be no starwars and we will stay with core interlude ) and about increase slots buff , nothing to comment i think , a very bad idea

HellBlade

Here nothing to discus. We will not rise buff slots
Any reason or explanation? Or just straight up "i want it this way" ?

HellBlade

JokeJR

Any specific reason for you to believe it to be a very bad idea?
if it would be created +12 slots more it would be like next Russian High Rate server with 30 slots , i think isn't point of this server idea and community aspects what they like.
and completely deviating from the core of the interlude i think more probably on this server would be add improvement buffs than add slots but in my opinion even this improvement buffs would be bad because we going away from core interlude what i think owners would like to keep

HellBlade

if it would be created +12 slots more it would be like next Russian High Rate server with 30 slots , i think isn't point of this server idea and community aspects what they like.
and completely deviating from the core of the interlude i think more probably on this server would be add improvement buffs than add slots but in my opinion even this improvement buffs would be bad because we going away from core interlude what i think owners would like to keep
I see, i understand your opinion, for you keeping the "core interlude" is necessary, even its flaws...
Kinda of a strange way of thingking considering the server is custom and not retail,
even having removed core IL mechanics suchs as AttackSpeed/Casting Speed influence over cooldowns.....
I always thought custom servers were a way for private servers owners to modify their servers in a way that improves the game as it is.
Maybe i'm missing something.

iBazZz

I see, i understand your opinion, for you keeping the "core interlude" is necessary, even its flaws...
Kinda of a strange way of thingking considering the server is custom and not retail,
even having removed core IL mechanics suchs as AttackSpeed/Casting Speed influence over cooldowns.....
I always thought custom servers were a way for private servers owners to modify their servers in a way that improves the game as it is.
Maybe i'm missing something.
Пошёл на хуй отсюда сын говна. Иди кетру рекламируй за 509 рублей. Ты родился на джаве- там и сдохни. Подобие стримера и игрока. Хррр..тьфу. Черт

HellBlade

Пошёл на хуй отсюда сын говна. Иди кетру рекламируй за 509 рублей. Ты родился на джаве- там и сдохни. Подобие стримера и игрока. Хррр..тьфу. Черт
Sorry mate, i don't speak Northern Slave language :)

xmighty

every smart player can adapt with 24 buff slots only idiots will cry for star wars 48 buffs

HellBlade

every smart player can adapt with 24 buff slots only idiots will cry for star wars 48 buffs
You understand that Adapting to it doesn't fix the balancing issue right? Btw 24+12=48? :unsure:

iBazZz

You understand that Adapting to it doesn't fix the balancing issue right? Btw 24+12=48? :unsure:
Stfu pig. Plz go to another x1200 server and cry there. Hard to read this trash. Braindead newbie from Australia.

HellBlade

Stfu pig. Plz go to another x1200 server and cry there. Hard to read this trash. Braindead newbie from Australia.
Northern slave boy is a bit mad ay? If you are unable to argue, just Cry louder kid.

iBazZz

Northern slave boy is a bit mad ay? If you are unable to argue, just Cry louder kid.
How can I argue with braindead trash? You ask admins to add buff slot but you unable to think about current balance on server. Even if it will be 50+ buffs like on your fav server nothing will change for you. You're noob. Just chill and eat shit.

HellBlade

How can I argue with braindead trash? You ask admins to add buff slot but you unable to think about current balance on server. Even if it will be 50+ buffs like on your fav server nothing will change for you. You're noob. Just chill and eat shit.
I didn't ask, i recommended, i literally wrote about the balancing issues on the original post are you blind or simple unable to read?
You must be trolling, there is no way someone can be this retarded. :biggrin:

Facebook

Discord

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom